Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Surgery Update

Date of photo's for reference: Aug 10 - Four weeks ago was surgery .... this is 28 days later. Lots of swelling despite RICE. Nine more days before the pin comes out. Right hand sore from one finger typing on right hand :-( The scarring is not too bad! Much better than what I anticipated



Lois Creative Gypsy gave me some sound advice: "...mix you up a little Jojoba oil (1oz) with a few drops of lavender and gardenia essential oil multiple times a day and the scars are virtually invisible! " It's great to be able to compare notes as she is through this!

We'll give this a try! I have only been able to tolerate once a day , as I still have the pin in. Pin comes out next week, so I would imagine this will be much easier after that!

Keep quilting on! I'll be visiting your blogs to pass my recovery time!

Margo

3 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

So glad it's getting better.

Anonymous said...

I can see improvement since your last picture. That was a great tip from her. I don't think the scar is that bad, and it will fade over time anyway, but if the oils help speed it up and make it even more invisible, that's a good thing. I look forward to your having more and more use of your hand! I know you do, too. LOL

Margo said...

Thanks Billie & Susan! Looking forward to getting back to normal and getting behind the machine again!!