Saturday, May 9, 2015

Relaxing Day before Mother's Day!

This is our dog....he acts exactly like a dog. He comes when you call him. Sits when you tell him to sit. Lays down when you ask him to lay down. When he tuckers himself out with his toys, he plops right down and has a nap - preferably in the sun! I wanted to show you how big this beast is. He's not even stretched out, but I am sure you can imagine how long he is next to the treadle!


Our little friend is 15 years old!             

I spent some time making another flower. It was a very, very slooooooooooow process having to take breaks after each petal! Oh how great it will be once my left hand is back in working order!


I love the thread that I am using for these hexies! I'm using "Invisifil". Of course my most favorite needles for any type of handwork as you can see. "Black Gold" by Clover, are absolutely the best! They go through anything like butter! So smooth! Seriously! You can tell that I've worked through almost a whole package over the years, but they are my "go to" for anything! They stay sharp for an incredibly long time. They are a bit short, but I find the size perfect for me. It lets me take microscopic stitches, making my piecing almost invisible! Gotta love that!


Happy Mother's Day to one and all! I hope you all have a lovely day being a Mom or celebrating a Mom in your life!

Margo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Margo, thanks for the recommendation on those needles. The one thing that drives me crazy is finding that most needles are too long for me! Love your dog. LOL I had a cat that big once. He would stand on his hind legs and bat the door chain when he wanted to go out! Such a love muffin, though. I love your treadle. Do you sew on it? Having one I can use is on my bucket list. I did finally get a hand crank at least. I hope your hand is already feeling even better. Slow progress is better than no progress!

Margo said...

Hi Susan! I love those needles! They are my go-to for anything I'm doing by hand! Tigger is loooooong! he's a brat as well! The birds are coming around and it's driving him crazy!

My treadle is lovely! I don't know about you, but we have "kijiji" here - much like Craigs list. I found it there and had help getting the parts working!