Sunday, November 9, 2014

Who said boys can't sew? Not me!




I do have a wonderful grandson! The little man wanted to "sew" with Nana. He's getting way too big to put on my lap, so the best solution was to put the chair up and let him go!

Now before you all panic...... I'm controlling the presser foot and Little Man is listening to my instructions. We marked a line on the machine for his right hand... that's the "NO ZONE". The machine stops and he re positions his hands!





Now he's thinking of how to make "A SWORD CARRIER!!!!!" He's thinking this sewing is pretty cool! I'm thinking he's pretty amazing and listens intently to my instructions. We were busy making "burp cloths" for his little cousin because Little Man says it's pretty "gross" when she spits up her milk! haha! Well... There's a bunch of burp cloths headed her way!



I've been thinking about how to get him interested in sewing. I've looked at those little children's size machines, but then I don't know what type of projects would interest him. He's done the little stuffed bunny a way back that was rudimentary. Keeping him interested is another thing as well. I guess I'll have to bide my time and wait until he really expresses an interest for a longer period of time. He'll take pleasure in ownership of making those burp cloths though!

Happy Quilting all!
Margo

No comments: