Saturday, November 29, 2014

Another Retreat!


 The Youngest's Arkansas Star


Beautiful Banff!

 The youngest's lap size

What a lovely weekend we had! We stayed at Irwin's Mountain Inn. It was great, that is until we left for the weekend to come back home. My sewing machine was on the luggage cart, I was wheeling it back to the youngest's car and we hit a drop in the concrete in the parkade...my lovely Symphony came crashing to the ground!

So my baby is in the shop. Her electronic screen is in a million pieces. The top snapped right off and the wheel on the side popped off. I was instantly sick when she came crashing to the ground! Now to see if she can be fixed or if we need to replace her! I want to throw up! :-(

On the bright side.... The Youngest finished some things as you can see! I am so happy that she's liking the sewing! She does a great job!

As for me, I managed to get a Christmas Tree skirt pieced and I will be quilting it on my little spare machine. I did some more work on my jean picnic quilt!  I spent a lot of time cutting fabric (note to self....get everything cut before you go to a retreat so all you can do is sew sew sew!). It was by far the most RELAXING weekend. I wasn't rushing to get quilts done and was taking my time. It was great to spend more time with the Youngest. We had a lovely dinner at the Keg with another quilt friend Vera. Lots of laughs and good company!

So as the world stands still on my poor Symphony -- I'm going to be quilting on my BL9. Not all the bells and whistles, but it will be good!

Happy Quilting!

Margo

No comments: