Monday, May 19, 2014

Sewing Room Re-vamp!

My absence has been warranted...this time! I found a great deal on Kijiji for furniture and bought it for myself for Mother's Day! It's all handmade with tongue and grove drawers and once I had it in my room, I swear it was made for it!

I've been searching for new furniture to organize all the stuff that I have, but then again the room I have didn't grow! Limited by my budget, I am really happy with what I found and it has tons of space to organize! I can configure it the way I want to suit my purpose! I love it! Take a look!

When you stand in the doorway this is what you see


in the corner is where my TV sits. To the right is the stand that holds my Accuquilt and a few boxes of kits and miscellaneous fabric. The TV stand holds my ribbons and ric rac, along with the bottom basket is toys for the little man when he comes to visit.

The stand with my iron is still in progress. Chef is going to raise it to the same level as the TV stand and the cupboards below the window. The little cupboards that Tigger is sitting on, hold various craft supplies. the drawers below are for embroidery, hoops and of course a cupboard for the Little Man for his craft supplies.

To the left of Tigger is another drawer for fabrics. Rather than take off the legs, I wanted a space for my extra cutting boards and of course a couple of boxes with projects in the works. Below the drawer set are four deep cupboards that hold all my plastic containers with my fabric. All my pre-cuts are there (i.e. charm squares, jelly rolls etc.)

This next cupboard is to the left of the window. It can be either on legs, or as I have it. I put all my filling and batting in it. It's strong enough for us to sit on, or recently the Little man tucked his blanket and pillow on it to watch TV. I wanted it low enough that I am able to still use my design wall.

Next to the batting box was my previous drawer on wheels. It holds all my machine parts, thread and of course bobbins. The jelly cupboard to the left of that (with the black book on it) holds the rest of my thread. The bookcase is basically the same with my fat quarters. To the left is another corner bookcase that came with the furniture. It holds odds and ends right now and things I want closer to me.

Looking to the door, is my sewing machine and of course my cutting table. My extension table butts up to my cutting table, so if I am sewing a large quilt, I have the table to support it. I have two filing cabinets under the cutting table that I am still thinking about relocating, or repurposing. For now, they are staying where they are. Of course my handy retreat tote is close in case I want to pull something out of it. 
The view from my seat. Tigger in his glory being able to sleep and look out at the window when he wants (I'll have to sew a cover that matches the rest of the room). My TV is fabulous as the Blue Ray that is hooked up to it lets me watch You Tube as well as Netflix. It's a great set up and I love it! Now I have room for more stash (heaven forbid!) I'm working towards more creativity and using up the stash that I have! So far, I've been doing a lot of browsing and less sewing!

Next weekend is Heritage Park Quilt Festival! The projects are set and ready to go. More on that after next weekend! I get to drop them off tomorrow! Meantime this week is slated for finishing up long due baby quilts! My hand is feeling much better! I have arthritis in my thumb joint (MCL) and I went for an x-ray guided injection a few weeks ago. It is feeling much better now! Typing for most of my life for a job isn't something that great for it, nor is my quilting -- but it's something I never want to give up -- typing AND quilting! 

Happy Quilting Everyone! What do you have in your sewing room that works for you?


No comments: